Sunday, June 6, 2010

Should I move to the East Coast?

I'm currently debating whether I should move across the country with my friend Mark. I would move to some suburb close to Boston. I don't think I'm going to do it, but who knows. Being 3,000+ miles away from all my friends and family doesn't sound too appealing. It would be cool to do something new and crazy though. It's hard to make a decision since I have never set foot in Massachusetts and haven't felt the East Coast air since I was three years old when my family took a trip to Disney World. I'm planning on joining Mark on his journey out there from Louisville to Boston. If I like it, there is a chance I would move there. But if I don't fall in love with it, I plan on staying close to the beautiful California coast.

3 comments:

AJ Harbison said...

Hey Rymac,
I feel the same way about (most likely) moving out of state for grad school in the next couple of years. It would be exciting to start a new adventure in a new place, but at the same time it would be hard to move away from all the friends and family we have here. When are you visiting Boston with Mark?

AJ
<><

Ryan Maguire said...

The game plan is to go out there in late August.

Mike Morabito said...

Good plan, Rymac. Go out there and get a feel for it and then make a decision. Also, remember that nothing is permanent. You can go there for a year or two and then STILL decide to come back. With decisions like this it is rarely clear at first what you should do but years later you will look back and probably be glad you did it.

-Mike