Thursday, January 22, 2009

Optimist: Me

I'm an optimist. I feel like is a good characteristic to have. I was looking at one of my blog posts from last January where I was wondering what would happen in 2008. I wondered about what the new year would bring. 2009 looks like it's going to be filled with a lot more uncertainty than any other year of my life. At some point during this year I won't be a student anymore. I've been a student since 1992 when I was five years old. Bill Clinton was in the first year of his presidency. Questions surround me about what life is going to look like. I don't know where I'm going to live. I don't plan on staying in Orange County so I will have to make new friends and acquiantances. I wish I was filled with more optimism that things are going to be great and that it's going to be a wonderful journey. But at the moment, the uncertainty is outweighing those fealings. I'm focused on the upcoming semester. It's my last full semester as a college student. I don't want to take this lifestyle for granted. I know that I'm going to miss it.

3 comments:

AJ Harbison said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
AJ Harbison said...

Hi Rymac!
Enjoy your last semester (if you can with all the units you're taking!). There are a lot of things I miss about the college life. But at the same time, while the "real world" brings its own responsibilities and challenges, it has its new adventures as well. Be excited to find out where God will take you next!

AJ
<><

Dj said...

dude. the blog returns!