Monday, December 20, 2010

18 Months

I've been out of college now for a year and a half. It's been one heck of a ride so far. Lots of highs, lows and plateaus. I find myself unemployed for the 2nd time since graduation. Out of the 18 months that I have been out of school I have been jobless for 8 of those. I have an interview tomorrow for a job which I really would like to get. A job is not the complete answer to all of my problems but it would help solve a few. Looking for jobs has been a frustrating experience. I've applied for around 100 positions so far but have only interviewed, face to face, for around 5 of those. Lately I haven't been looking as dilligently as I once did. Looking on job boards hasn't shown to be that effective for me. It shouldn't be this difficult to land a job but unfortunately it is. I want to return to normalcy. I feel like I'm in the dugout just waiting to get into the ballgame.

No comments: