Friday, February 16, 2007

Home

Today I went back home to my parents house in Murrieta. I wasn't planning on coming home this weekend but I decided to after I got up from my nap this afternoon. It took me about 2 hours due to traffic. It usually only takes an hour. During my freshman year of college I went home every single weekend. I wanted to be here with all of the comforts that I was used to for the previous 18 years of my life. Last weekend when I went home it was the 1st time that I had made the trek down here in over a month. I enjoy being at college on the weekends. Pretty much all of my friends live in Orange or LA county so it would make sense for me to stay up there. My dorm is starting to feel more and more like a home. I always used to correct my parents when they call my dorm my "home" because I felt that home is where they were. I'm starting to feel like the dorm is now my home whereas my parents house is starting to feel more like a hotel.

2 comments:

AJ Harbison said...

Ryan,
It's exciting when you start to feel more and more independent, like you're out on your own, making your own way in the world.

That's crazy that you would correct your parents; for me it was the other way around--I would talk about my dorm at Hope as being "home," and my mom would be like "No, this is your home." Now she's getting more used to the idea.

We need to hang out sometime.

AJ
<><

Amy Grace said...

I am talking about secret candies.