Friday, February 2, 2007

The Rock Show

I just got back from a concert in San Juan Capistrano. It was a lot of fun! My friend Allison and I made the trip down to south Orange County to see one of my favorite bands, Spacepilot. They are an unsigned band from Laguna Nigel whom I found on the internet. The show was at the Coach House off of Camino Capistrano. Here is what went down:

Cory Benjamin and Friends (http://myspace.com/corybenjaminandfriends) : These guys were the 1st band. They weren't that great. They had a song about Invisible Children which I thought was cool. The last time Allison and I went to a show together was at an Invisible Children benefit show at Biola. I met Cory when I was on my way to the Spacepilot merch area. Nice guy.

Platos Republic (http://myspace.com/platosrepublic): This band was a lot better than the 1st. The lead singer had a great voice and was a very skilled guitar player. Good music.

Spacepilot (www.myspace.com/spacepilot) : The band that I wanted to see the most. They played about 5-6 songs. I would have liked to have heard a few more but they weren't the headliners. They played a bunch of new songs which I had never heard before. The played only one song that I had heard. They played well. It was my first time seeing them perform live. I ended up getting a shirt and a cd from them.

The Outline (www.myspace.com/theoutline): This band was pretty darn good. Lots of energy. They played fast and loud which was great. Probably my favorite act of the night.

Polysics (http://www.purevolume.com/polysics): The headliners. These guys are a punk/electronica band from Japan. The had more energy than any band that I have ever seen in my life. The frontman/guitar player was insane! He chugged a whole cup of beer while the female bass player was singing a song. He would venture out into the audience on the tables that were next to the stage. They did a cover of "My Sharona" which was cool. That was the only song that I could understand since I don't speak Japanese.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

wait wait wait..you're telling me you DON'T speak Japanese??! That's crazy! Everyone can speak that!

Amy Grace said...

wow that sounds great!

AJ Harbison said...

That's an intense show dude! I've never heard of any of those bands, although I have to respect a band which takes its name from an ancient Greek philosopher.

Perhaps you should try to do better on the Japanese next time.

AJ
<><