Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Attraction

Recently I have been thinking about the whole concept of physical attraction. It is a very exciting and frustrating subject. I do not like the fact that I can't really control who I'm attracted to and who's attracted to me. I also do not like the fact that I can't earn someone's attraction. I can earn someones trust and respect but if they are not attracted to me than I'm out of luck and there is not a darn thing I can do about it. I enjoy having crushes on girls. It is exciting to think about that person all while the butterflies are going in my stomach. But I would much rather find out fairly quickly if the feelings are reciprocal. If they are not then I'm wasting my time thinking about a situation that isn't going to happen. I also don't have to over analyze every encounter with that person. If I'm attracted to someone who does not feel the same way about me then it's just like me trying to run the 100 yd dash while jogging in circles. I'm never going to reach the finish line no matter how fast I run.

2 comments:

Merrilee said...

Oh buddy! I am so with you on this one. If I'm attracted to someone I really would just like to tell them and see if anything could ever work out. If not then I know to forget about it and move on. No wondering about what he's thinking or I'm thinking or anybody's thinking. I like being open. Unfortunately I am a woman and I have to be meek. Sorry for the rant, I just agree with you. Keep up the good work and the honesty. I admire honesty.

Amy Grace said...

Nicely put Miss Robinson. I am kind of on the other end. I really enjoy not knowing if the person likes me back. Usually once I know the person likes me, I don't like them anymore. It's really sad.. I know, I have issues.