Friday, January 26, 2007

First Week Analysis

My first week of school was alright. I'm still getting used to my new sleeping routine. I found that I was exhausted at 11:30pm. During vacation I used to be wide awake at about 2am. 8am classes are not fun! Especially if you know that you wouldn't be there if you only would have tried a little harder a few months ago. Class-wise, the week was dissapointing. I'm taking my first major classes which, going into them, I was kinda excited. Those are the most boring of all the classes that I'm taking! My Accounting prof expects us to know the basics of how to do accounting just by us reading the chapters in the book. I'm not a big fan of class in general. I wish I had a fun class. I know school wasn't designed to entertain me but it would be nice to take a class that I'm half way interested in.
Campus Crusade stuff was great! I was really pumped up to see all the new faces (especially one in particular, if you know what I mean). The biggest thing will be trying to keep the new people within the movement, which is not easy. I just started my pastor Mike Erre's new book "The Jesus of Surburbia" today. Oh my goodness! I was getting goosebumps while I was reading it. If you don't know Mike is my favorite speaker in the world. I'm going to pick it up again after I'm finished with this post. Also, I have become a facebook addict over the past few days which would explain why the blog posts have not been given the most attention. Thanks a lot Jenna. Look what you've done to me. =)

3 comments:

Amy Grace said...

Yes, 8 am classes are awful! My condolences.
Good luck with your gingerbread lady... I will have to meet her and see if she has highlights.

Jessica said...

You know, I actually don't mind my 8am class. Although today was a sad day when I realized that me sleeping in meant waking up at 7am instead of 6. Oh well. When I walk to school in the morning it kind of wakes me up and refreshes me. It's nice.

AJ Harbison said...

I swore off any classes before 10 am, and all Friday classes of any time, years ago. But when you get into the upper echelons of higher education, you have a little more luxury. Like priority registration. :p

Dude, we need to hang out. And I too wish you luck on your "gingerbread lady." ::wink to Ryan, rolling eyes to Amy Grace::

AJ
<><